Human Resources Manager
Sion Power Corporation, the global leader in development of a new generation of high-energy, rechargeable lithium batteries is currently searching for a Human Resources Manager in Tucson, AZ.
The Human Resource Manager is an integral part of the management team and will oversee all aspects of the HR practices and processes. Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives that align to and support the overall business strategy and objectives. Be the employee champion and change agent, bridging management and employee relations with a goal to promote employee engagement while enabling business success through HR management.
- Planning, organizing, and controlling the activities and actions of the HR department
- Develop & implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business strategy & objectives
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Working with the company’s executives and other functional leaders to cultivate a highly productive and positive company culture
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations; facilitate mediation
- Partner with Hiring Managers to manage the recruitment efforts and selection process
- Conduct new employee orientation
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Develop, monitor and continuously improve overall HR strategies, systems, processes & procedures; maintain employee handbook
- Oversee and manage the performance management system to drive high performance
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to management such as coaching, counseling, career development, corrective actions, etc.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; create and rewrite job descriptions as necessary
- Analyzes compensation and data to determine competitive compensation plan; monitors the performance evaluation program
- Administer salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within the organization
- Oversee and monitor employee training & development
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and vision, 401K, vacation, sick leave
- Prepares budget of human resources operations
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- PHR or SPHR preferred
- Ten (10) years of progressive HR experience, with exposure and responsibility across diverse HR functions.
- Working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including: compensation, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, performance management, benefit programs, and employment law
- Ability to build and manage working relationships at all levels of the company
- Experience handling senior HR functions, such as complex employee relations issues, investigating and responding to EEOC charges and internal complaints, interacting with legal counsel on HR-related concerns, training managers on complex or sensitive HR issues, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- HRMS/HRIS experience
- MS Office skills