Responsible to ensure outgoing quality of battery packs, cells meet or exceed customer requirements and expectation. This includes outgoing inspection, first article and Customer inspection approvals. Oversite of rejects, re-work and the proper disposition of unacceptable or Non-conforming parts and materials. Responsible for directing end of the line inspections (Final Inspection) and ensure all supporting documentation is complete. Define analytical techniques, perform analysis, conduct audits and write procedures that meet contract specifications. Ensure facility complies with ISO/AS 9100 standards, regulatory & contractual requirements
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Implement/Maintain compliance with QMS to ISO/AS 9100 or equivalent, regulatory, & contractual requirements
- Responsible for documentation control – both of the Quality System and that of the products to ensure accurate utilization, execution, and updates are processed timely
- Develop Test SOP’S and provide training to applicable personnel.
- Participate and determine Test Capabilities, Inspection Methods in conjunction with Manufacturing/ Process Engineering.
- Drive internal and external part/process non-conformance corrective and preventative actions, customer SCAR’s, RMA Log, Customer complaints log, & MRB processing system based on established procedures and Customer requirements
- Provide technical leadership on statistical methods, sample sizes, and test durations for raw material inspection and/or new product development
- Assist in evaluations of Customer product/process quality requirements and specifications during contract review for consideration in quality planning and feedback
- Participate and support internal audits for all functional areas covered by the Quality Management System
- Responsible for Final Inspection and ensure all supporting data/documentation is complete. Generate test report and ensure proper signature and approval before shipment, ensuring that all products shipping to customers meet customer requirements
- Assure that the calibration/gauging system is currently maintained and available for use during product/inspection of product
- Act as a Key Contact with outside Auditors and suppliers
- Evaluate incoming contracts, purchase orders, engineering drawing changes, procedure updates, develop and implement company policies, procedures and other documents.
- Develop/ monitor a process improvement & SPC program (continuous project) for each of the specified Characteristics identified. Use of Control Plans, Gage R & R’s, and other statistical techniques.
- Perform supplier management activities that include on site surveys, monitoring supplier deliveries, providing feedback metrics and supplier ratings.
- Analyze quality metrics and participate in troubleshooting efforts to solve quality problems.
- Act as a resource for design and experiment capability studies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to EH&S, Quality, Continuous Improvements and other Company Policies.
- Knowledge of lithium battery and/or Battery industry
- BS in Quality, Engineering or Related Field.
- 3 -5 year’s experience with ISO/AS 9100 or equivalent Quality Management Systems in a Manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement and Quality Methodologies and Tools (8D, 5Y, Statistical evaluation, SPC, Capability Studies)
- Six Sigma Certification a plus
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving, data analysis, GD&T, blueprint reading,
- Excellent organizing, interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision-making abilities.
- Internal and External auditing to QMS Requirements
- Must have strong communication skills in a team environment.
- Resourceful, strong attention to detail, hands on skills.