Position: Cell Test Engineer
Sion Power Corporation, the global leader in development of a new generation of high-energy, rechargeable lithium batteries is currently searching for a Cell Test Engineer to be based at its research and development facility in Tucson, Arizona. Covering two decades of research and development, Sion Power has created Licerion® technology that significantly enhances the volumetric and gravimetric capacities and cycle life of rechargeable lithium metal batteries. Licerion® is the future for batteries offering the highest energy density, specific energy and performance.
The Scope of Responsibility:
As a member of the cell development team, the Test Engineer will be responsible for
- Support Validation Engineer on planning and executing validation activities for a variety of battery products.
- Support in-house product development test requests by defining and executing tests.
- Develop and document standard and customized test procedures.
- Coordinate internal and external testing, analyze test results, provide technical judgment, and develop appropriate documentation.
- Keep up to date on industry standards and regulations
- Conduct training and overseeing the work of test technicians
- Create databases to track validation and test activities
- BS degree in an engineering discipline, mathematics, computer science, or other degree with focus on science, engineering, and quantitative analysis
- 1+ Years of experience in product validation and testing
- Experience with requirements and data analysis in a product development environment
- Experience with quantitative software preferred, including any of the following (or similar)
- Advanced user of Excel (Visual Basic scripting abilities is a plus)
- Solid quantitative skills, communication skills, and experience in product development.
- Knowledge of battery technologies, especially lithium ion
- Experience with product compliance testing (UN, UL, IEC, GBT, etc.)