Sion Power is currently seeking candidate for Test Technician.
This position is responsible for prepping, installing, writing and starting cells on test. Additional responsibilities include using mechanical fixtures and tools, performing mechanical and electrical measurements, and using electronic measurement equipment. This includes but is not limited to test plan review and execution, data documentation and test report generation.
- Use computers to start and review tests, input data, and send emails.
- Use hand tools and operate equipment to prep cells for test.
- Use electronic skills to measure and record cell parameters such as voltage, current, AC impedance, weight, and EIS measurements.
- Understand and apply basic programming techniques to tester specific software.
- Properly handle both charged and discharged cells during their cycling life in accordance with established safety procedures and adhere to all safety and environmental policies set forth by the Company.
- Maintain good computer-based documentation and organizational skills to setup and maintain incoming cell test folders.
- Interface with colleagues from all departments to communicate statuses and request information.
- Electrical assembly and repair skills; including wiring, building cables, repairing and replacing circuit boards.
- Prepare cells for proper disposal
- Assist in proposing improvements to enhance department efficiency and reliability.
- Perform preventive maintenance and regular inspections of equipment and work environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with 5S practices.
- Associates degree in field of Electronics Technology or other basic science is preferred. 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in an electronics or battery pack testing, repair or maintenance field.
- Good understanding of electronic circuitry and ability to read schematics and technical reference documents.
- Successful candidates will have outstanding problem-solving skills; an ability to quickly learn and perform new tasks; demonstrate strong professional and technical competence; as well as, excellent oral and written communication skills; and programming ability.
- Proficient with DVM, hand tools and machine tools.
- Mechanically inclined and capable of independent action.
- Ability to read and write English, follow both written and verbal instructions/procedures.
- Must possess good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong communication and organization skills a must.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Wear appropriate PPE when necessary.