Sr. Quality Technician (Receiving/Final Inspection)
Sion Power Corporation, the global leader in development of a new generation of high-energy, rechargeable lithium batteries is currently searching for a Sr. Quality Technician to be based at its research and development facility in Tucson, Arizona. Covering two decades of research and development, Sion Power has created Licerion® technology that significantly enhances the volumetric and gravimetric capacities and cycle life of rechargeable lithium metal batteries. Licerion® is the future for batteries offering the highest energy density, specific energy and performance.
Responsible for dimensional/functional and physical testing of all Cell and/or packs. Ensure incoming/outgoing Cells and/or Pack inspection, 1st Article and customer inspection approvals meet or exceed customer requirements. Oversite of rejects, re-work, and the proper disposition of unacceptable or Non-conforming parts and materials. Work closely with Product engineers and production technicians to inspect and evaluate quality levels for customer acceptance. Ensure facility complies with ISO/AS 9100 standards, regulatory & contractual requirements.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain/Train inspection procedures in compliance with Industry, customer, and regulatory specifications.
- Perform inspections and troubleshoot cause of physical testing failures, when appropriate.
- Inspect for discontinuities, Visual identification, damages.
- Establish and maintain inspection records.
- Perform all required inspections and tests on completed product in a timely manner.
- Enter data in the network and information data systems.
- Communicate rejections to appropriate team members.
- Communicate inspection program with other quality technicians including location of stored items.
- Order supplies as needed.
- Assist manufacturing and answer questions regarding tests and rejections.
- Analyze customer returns and report findings.
- Investigate new methods of measuring and testing for continuous improvement.
- Report accomplishments and roadblocks to appropriate teams.
- Assist in definition of production area quality procedures and records.
- Facilitate compliance with company quality, housekeeping, attendance policies and practices.
- Train production technicians (operators) in the use of testing equipment and methods.
- Perform other tasks as needed in support of quality and customer or supplier needs.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures and environmental health and safety rules.
Experience and Background:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have specific knowledge of product function, testing and design.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Work in a team environment
- Knowledge of lithium battery and/or Battery industry
- High School diploma.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience with ISO/AS 9100 or equivalent Quality Management Systems in a Manufacturing environment
- Proficiency in a Windows operating environment, including Microsoft Office software.
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving, data analysis, GD&T, blueprint reading,
- Excellent organizing, interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership skills and decision-making abilities.
- Must have strong communication skills in a team environment.
- Resourceful, strong attention to detail, hands on skills.