Cell Mechanical Engineer
Sion Power is the leading developer of high-energy rechargeable, lithium metal battery technology with more than 20 years in research and development. Years of research and development has yielded the Licerion® lithium metal technology which is poised to dramatically change the lithium battery landscape, delivering the highest combination of energy density and specific energy available.
- Develop mechanical designs for battery cell utilizing 3D CAD and supported by analysis.
- Create prototypes and support the development of manufacturing processes and automation.
- Drive cross functional collaboration with Cell engineers, manufacturing engineers, suppliers, and test engineers to transition conceptual designs to production.
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T and produce 2D drawings.
- Conduct DFMEA and Failure analysis.
- Prepare documentation and requirements and deliver technical presentations.
- Research and benchmark competitive technologies.
- Characterize cell thermal behavior and modeling.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of material properties and applications
- Strong communication and a team player
- Experience in COMSOL modeling is a plus
- Familiarity with Lithium-ion cells, module and battery pack design
- Experience designing parts for mass production with automated assembly line
- Data acquisition and test equipment