Battery Pack Technician
This position is responsible for assembling battery cells and electronics into battery packs. A basic understanding of electronics, cells, and circuitry is a must. This position requires a high attention to detail, experience with hand tools, programming, and adherence to safety procedures. Strong communication and organizational skills are needed along with the ability to work in a team environment with multiple departments. The Battery Pack Assembly Technician is also responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work environment in accordance with 5S standards.
- Perform manual assembly of cells into battery modules and packs.
- Install battery module electronics and low voltage wiring.
- Develop and optimize laser welding process and train others to utilize the machine.
- Actively participate in product design reviews and develop solutions.
- Develop assembly procedures and work instructions.
- Troubleshoot and rework assembly and testing issues as needed.
- Inspect finished product per documentation and note issues and defects.
- Suggest improvements for manufacturability, including work station leveling.
- Maintain floor inventory of module/pack components and supplies.
- Coordinate with management and team to help determine deadlines for assigned tasks.
- Perform regular inspections of work environment and procedures to ensure area is safe, documentation is up to date, and in accordance with 5S standards.
- Maintain a team-oriented work environment.
- Miscellaneous other tasks assigned by the Director of Product Development.
- High School diploma required; associate’s degree preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience assembling electronic hardware and equipment.
- A working knowledge of electronic circuitry and ability to read schematics.
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Must possess good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
- Strong organization skills a must.
- Strong communication skills and a team player.
- Follow safety procedures and wear appropriate PPE when necessary.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Will occasionally work near hazardous and/or toxic chemicals, energized electronic equipment and circuit boards.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. May be required to lift up to 30 lbs.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.