This position is responsible prepping cells for test. This includes using mechanical fixtures and tools. Also responsible for performing basic mechanical and electrical measurements using electronic measurement equipment; testing and preparing spent cells for disposal. This includes but is not limited to test plan review and execution, data documentation and test report generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use hand tools and operate equipment to prep cells for test.
- Use basic electronic skills to measure and record cell parameters such as voltage, current, AC impedance, weight, and EIS measurements.
- Understand and apply basic programming techniques to tester specific software.
- Properly handle both charged and discharged cells during their cycling life in accordance with established safety procedures and adhere to all safety and environmental policies set forth by the Company.
- Maintain good computer based documentation and organizational skills to setup and maintain incoming cell test folders.
- Interface with colleagues from all departments to communicate statuses and request information.
- Basic electrical assembly and repair skills. This includes wiring, building cables, repairing and replacing circuit boards.
- Prepare Li-ion cells for proper disposal to include Tab removal; Bagging cells and placing bagged cells in drums for disposal.
- Assist in proposing improvements to enhance department efficiency and reliability.
- Perform preventive maintenance and regular inspections of equipment and work environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with 5S practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in field of Electronics Technology or other basic science is preferred. 5 years of relevant experience may substitute.
- Experience working in an electronics or battery pack testing, repair or maintenance field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of electronic circuitry and ability to read schematics and technical reference documents.
- Proficient with DVM, hand tools and machine tools.
- Mechanically inclined and capable of independent action.
- Strong understanding of automation equipment.
- Ability to read and write English, follow both written and verbal instructions/procedures.
- Knowledge of the design and structure of basic programming languages. The ability to learn, design and write machine specific programs.
- Must possess good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong communication and organization skills a must.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Wear appropriate PPE when necessary.
- Successful candidates will have outstanding problem solving skills; an ability to quickly learn and perform new tasks; demonstrate strong professional and technical competence; as well as, excellent oral and written communication skills; and programming ability.