Cell Test Technician
This position is responsible prepping cells for test. This includes using mechanical fixtures and tools. Also responsible for performing basic mechanical and electrical measurements using electronic measurement equipment; testing and preparing spent cells for disposal. This includes but is not limited to test plan review and execution, data documentation and test report generation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use hand tools and operate equipment to prep cells for test.
- Use basic electronic skills to measure and record cell parameters such as voltage, current, AC impedance, weight, and EIS measurements.
- Understand and apply basic programming techniques to tester specific software.
- Properly handle both charged and discharged cells during their cycling life in accordance with established safety procedures and adhere to all safety and environmental policies set forth by the Company.
- Maintain good computer based documentation and organizational skills to setup and maintain incoming cell test folders.
- Interface with colleagues from all departments to communicate statuses and request information.
- Basic electrical assembly and repair skills. This includes wiring, building cables, repairing and replacing circuit boards.
- Prepare Li-ion cells for proper disposal to include Tab removal; Bagging cells and placing bagged cells in drums for disposal.
- Assist in proposing improvements to enhance department efficiency and reliability.
- Perform preventive maintenance and regular inspections of equipment and work environment.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area in accordance with 5S practices.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree in field of Electronics Technology or other basic science is preferred. 5 years of relevant experience may substitute.
- Experience working in an electronics or battery pack testing, repair or maintenance field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong understanding of electronic circuitry and ability to read schematics and technical reference documents.
- Proficient with DVM, hand tools and machine tools.
- Mechanically inclined and capable of independent action.
- Strong understanding of automation equipment.
- Ability to read and write English, follow both written and verbal instructions/procedures.
- Knowledge of the design and structure of basic programming languages. The ability to learn, design and write machine specific programs.
- Must possess good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Strong communication and organization skills a must.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
- Wear appropriate PPE when necessary.
- Successful candidates will have outstanding problem solving skills; an ability to quickly learn and perform new tasks; demonstrate strong professional and technical competence; as well as, excellent oral and written communication skills; and programming ability.
Sion Power Corporation is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer M/F/D/V.